When it comes to home maintenance, sewers and drains are on the bottom of the chore list. Most people take their drains for granted, and as long as nothing is backed up, they are rarely thought about. As a homeowner, it is your responsibility to make sure that all components of your home are in good working order. Here are some signs to look for so you know when to have your drains checked:
* Slow to drain: Do your sinks and bathtubs take longer than normal to drain completely? This could be a sign that there is a blockage in your pipes. It might be time to consider calling a specialist that handles blocked drains in Poole.
* Backup coming up through other drains: When you flush the toilet, does water come up through the tub? A blockage could be sending the water in another direction because the flow is interrupted.
* Gurgling noises: Noisy pipes are a sign that you should get your plumbing checked by a professional.
* Your home is 20 years or older: Homes that are more than 20 years old have out-dated plumbing pipes and fixtures. Even well maintained pipes that have been regularly inspected need to be completely replaced after many years of being in use. Technology and new, more efficient materials are now being used.
* You have mature trees near your sewer or septic tank: Mature trees that are planted close to the sewer pipes or septic tank can have roots that twist around the pipes and interfere with the pipe’s capability to drain properly. Even trees that are planted 100 feet away can have a huge impact depending on the type of tree, and how mature it is.
Having a professional blocked drains Poole specialist can help you with all of your plumbing and drain needs. The best time to call is before you notice a problem; have them inspected and maintained regularly.