When you want to buy a UPVC Windows in Glasgow, you need to know how to differentiate between a good and a bad window. Unfortunately, you cannot differentiate the two just by looking at the window or by what the seller tells you. First you need to know that UPVC windows are rated according to their energy efficiency. A-rated windows are the most efficient and the level of efficiency is rated in letters.
* A UPVC window that has an A rating means that the reinforcement is changed to a warm reinforcement like carbon or aluminium from steel reinforcement. The window is filled with Argon or Krypton gas and a warmer edge space placed.
* The window is made up of glass which is very fragile. In the past, most windows have had 7 yeas warranty but nowadays, the warranty is 15 years for some windows. Make sure the window has a good warranty.
* Every UPVC window has a plastic covering known as the UPVC section. The plastic keeps the window from warping or discolouring. When buying a UPVC window, make sure the plastic has a guaranteed of at least ten years.
* UPVC Windows in Glasgow offer security for the premises. The level of security is determined to some extent by the locking system used for the window. Examine the type of locking system as most companies prefer to use the most available lock which is sometimes not the most secure. You also need to examine other moving parts like the hinges, screws and handles. To be on the safe side, make sure the parts have at least a 2 year warranty.
* Windows are part of your home so they should complement the design of your home. When choosing a UPVC window, make sure it is according to your preference and it matches the style of your home.
We offer original and warranted windows at Windows Advice Centre. Get a quote today.